Manouri Cheese and Fruit Dessert
700 grams Monouri Cheese
3 tablespoons honey
½ cup of walnuts, halved
1 pear, sliced,
1 apple, sliced
1 cup of sesame seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of sour cherries
Makes 4 servings
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Place the sesame seeds in a plate.
2. Cut the cheese in 4 portions with a round shape. Dip each portion in the egg mix on each side. Then roll in the sesame seeds.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook on each side for 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Toast the walnuts for 5 – 6 minutes.
5. Garnish the manouri with walnuts and sliced fruit and pour honey over the fruit slices. Serve in plates and add cherries on top.
If you can’t find manouri cheese, use strained Greek yogurt or fresh white cheese.